Sunday 10 November 2013

After a long time ... A Haul Post

Hey everybody! So here's the thing. I am a huge fan of Mateja's Beauty Blog and one of her threads called New In. Which is essentially a thread of haul posts she does and I find them dead useful for new products. And when I started buying new brands here in Blava I started thinking about sharing my experiences with it, and also to show that I am in fact a very good girl about shopping here. ;) Seriously though ... I find the make up situation here a tad bit disappointing. They have some brands we don't have in Slovenia and I think that is cool and I love trying them ... but the prices are high and thus I cannot go wild about trying everything. All in all, I have hoped they make up market will be a bit more accessible and diverse. But it can be just me expecting too much. :) This is what I have gotten since being here, so in last two months. I have also bought BellaPierre pigments, but they are still in Slovenia (my mom bought them for me on sale, I haven't even seen them IRL yet).


I will make these posts also about non make up, because I am trying new brands in that department as well. I needed a new shampoo and they have Aussie here, plus new cleanser for my face, and Korres has been on my WL ever since Eugenia made a very nice review on it.


Dermacol is a Czech brand that we do not have in Slovenia and they sell make up and other cosmetic stuff, but their shower gels are what really convinced me to try them. Belgian Chocolate smells exactly like Lindt dark chocolate with orange, did you ever tried that one? Well, that's the smell! It is absolutely DIVINE! And it smells like that from the tube AND when you shower. I need to try the rest of them too. 

Aussie is a well known brand, that we again do not have in Slovenia. I decided to try Miracle Moist Shampoo and I have on my WL the 3 minutes conditioner (thanks to Mateja :)). The thing is ... I have a horrible problem with dandruff. It can get seriously avalanche-y and I have tried just about everything to make it go away, from cheap to 25€ shampoos, going to the doctor, having prescription cremes for my scalp ... in the end nothing helps. Or, it helps for like two, three months and then I am back to square one. So the only thing I get from expensive anti dandruff shampoos is bad hair. Because it does NOTHING for the hair, it gets very dry and looks unhealthy. Last time I spent 20€ on 150 ml shampoo, just so I'd have major dandruff problem in the past two weeks and I said: Fuck it. I'm gonna buy something that I acutally want and think would be good for my hair. So I bought the Aussie one. It smells amazing, my hair looks AWESOME and they didn't get greasy in 5 days (before I needed to wash them every other day). Plus my dandruff problem is in normal range, it isn't visible, so I'm happy about that. I will need to change the shampoo in three months though, I suspect.

Korres is a Greek brand and it is known for their eco/bio/whatever products. I needed something good for my skin and when I saw they have Korres in Bratislava, I finally got the opportunity to get their Fluid Gel Cleanser from White Tea range off my WL. So far I am really happy with it, even though it is expensive as hell, it does its job and it does it really well.

Sally Hansen nail polish remover. Because they do not have Afrodita in Slovakia, I needed to buy something else, that is not Ebelin (because Ebelin nail polish remover is death to my nails). So far it is awesome and, believe it or not, it really smells nice. Not remover-y at all.

I am being very diligent nail polish addict with buying very little nail polish. This just might change, as I discovered they have full range of H&M cosmetics. I bought Moonlight because it looked amazing in the bottle and I bought Rimmel's Rapid Ruby because I heard a lot about the brush and I felt like wearing a nice dark red. Swatches will follow soon! :)

Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows are my most used make up product ever. I have 6 of them and love them all. They are dead useful as secondary eyeshadow base or just as an eyeshadow. Love them. When I saw they have a shade that we do not have in Ljubljana, I needed to buy it, naturally. Mauve Crush, it is amazing and slightly duochromy. On the eyelid it is ice blue and has tons of colourful shimmer. 

Art Deco Soft Eyeliner in shade number 19 I bought on sale, it was only 2 euros. Major bargain, since I know how good these pencils are. And the colour is really nice green. 


If you want a more detailed review on any of these products, just let me know in the comments. :) 

What was your latest purchase?

Have a nice Sunday and start of the week!

10 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you :D Me veseli, da so ti moji posti všeč :)
    Imam identične probleme s prhljajem kot ti. Sem tudi sama obupala, pa kar kupujem navadne šampone in uporabljam navadno sodo bikarbono, da vsaj spravim ta prhljaj z lasišča, drugače se samo nalaga. Tale Aussie gre takoj na mojo wishlisto :)
    In se strinjam glede Ebeline odstranjevalca - umor za nohte :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U, soda bikarbona? To moram pa poskusiti. Ja, se strinjam, jaz sem tudi dvignila roke od vseh teh šamponov za prhljaj, ker mi samo uničujejo lase, rezultat je pa isti. Sally Hansen je super odstranjevalec, samo nisem prepričana, če jih sploh imamo v Sloveniji. Bom rabila narest zalogo. :D

      Delete
  2. I love H&M polishes! I've been a good girl lately and didn't do much shopping. But I found Catrice's Arts Collection on Saturday and I couldn't resist a couple polishes as they have a foil finish that I just love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that collection, it looks amazing, I love the package of the palettes! But I resisted, even though foil finish is one of my favourite ever.

      Delete
  3. Ovaj crveni rimmel mi je divna boja :D Ne mogu vjerovat da tamo imas H&M lakove, zavidim totalno :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, znam, več imam WL, a novčanik trpi. :D

      Delete
  4. super novosti! obozavam svoj miracle moist :) miris je savrsen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeste, stvarno. Sad trebam još conditioner. :D

      Delete
  5. I look forward to a swatch of that Rimmel polish! I'll have to check out that polish remover since it smells nice and I also love the Tattoos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rimmel one is next, hopefully next week. :)

      Delete