Friday 7 October 2011

Models Own Purple Grey accent mani

Hello people! How are you doing? It's been a while, I know. I'm having insanley hectic week, I won't go into details, there are too many. Right now I'm having a minute to write this down, otherwise I'm helping my mother a lot around the house and with my sister, since she's still recovering from the surgery. All of you mommas that have children, take care of the house and still have time to make your nails look pretty - that fact alone is a proof of how awesome you are. My nails are totally short and I wear the same mani up to three days because I simply don't have time to change it. But I ain't complaning much, I'm just glad my mom is getting better. :)

This is an old one. I got inspiration from Ooh, Shinies blog to do a nail art mani and I kinda failed. I wanted to make an X with scotch tape but it looked so horrible I fixed it and turned it into a stripe. The end result isn't my favourite though.



 First step, obviously. The pic below shows how glossy both of them are. 


Like I said, I didn't really love this one, although I really like the combination of Purple Grey and Zoya Caitlin. I just think I should do something else with the art, or rather leave it at the first step. The glitter stripes (Finger Paints Peaceful Purple) are too thick, IMO. The mani itself wasn't easy to do because I had really shaky hands that day, I still remember I had problems where I never do. 

But these two are otherwise both two coaters, I'll talk more about Caitlin when I post her, Purple Grey is a bliss to work with, although it stinks. Kaneli (thanks for the Models Own polish, dear!) mentioned Models Own contain Formaldehyde, so I'm guessing that's the stinker. It's a nice colour, I find it very safe though.

What do you think of the nail art and the colour combination?

Thank you for reading, have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. svidja mi se i nail art i kombinacija boja, mislim da bi dobro izgledalo da nije samo accent nail nego i da je cijela manikura takva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace, Love and Polish, I'm a fan too, but trutfully I'm a bit sick of them. :)

    Lendoxia, da, i to bi bilo super, al nemam vremena za 10 ovakvih. :D

    imfeelingnail-venturous, glad to hear it!

    Thank you for your comments! Hvala za komentarje!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lušna manikura, všeč mi je malo nail arta ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O, kako lep odtenek! Tudi nail art je posrečen. V svoji zbirki imam malo takih odtenkov, pa tako lepi so.

    ReplyDelete